It is time. Time for The Secret Recipe Club. Quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of the month. It all starts off when I receive my assignment. This month’s task was to find a recipe at the lovely blog Foodness Gracious (which by the way, absolutely love the title, how clever!). I always start out by scrolling through the recipes and writing a list of potentials. As usual, my list was long, I finally decided on the Sticky Gingerbread. I am so glad I did because I have fallen in love, in love with Gingerbread! I usually make the obligatory gingerbread boys at Christmas but this was different, melt in your mouth, pure deliciousness! I am already to make it again, and I haven’t even washed the pan from the first batch. Gingerbread is not just for Christmas anymore! Thank you so much Gerry for this fabulous recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4oz butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp molasses
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
1. Place butter, brown sugar and molasses, in saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is combined.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the flour, ginger , and cinnamon. Stir in beaten egg.
3. Warm the milk and add baking soda. Add to mixture in your saucepan.
4. Pour mixture into a loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper and greased.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour.
6. This will be the hardest part, leave for 1 day to let the flavors melt.