It was cold weekend here, rainy , drizzly, perfect for a nice big bowl of soup and the fireplace on in the background. Soup is definitely one of my most favorite meals, and I always love when the weather matches my menu planning. Thanks weather, it was great.
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 large onion
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Place potatoes, carrots, water and chicken bouillon powder in large soup pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 12 minutes).
2. Meanwhile melt margarine in medium-sized skillet. Cook onions until tender. Stir in flour. Add milk slowly and simmer until mixture has thickened.
3. Add flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Stir. Add seasonings. Heat through.
4. Eat and enjoy!