We are fully back into the swing of things with school. The kids enjoyed their drama and sports classes on Tuesday, today starts our piano lessons and Erik’s Aikido, which he is looking forward to so much, one thing he doesn’t like to give up in Summer, but mommy likes the little break. We just keep motoring along, and as I think this September may be our busiest month I can ever remember , I am sure October will be here before we know it. Quick meals are key when you have a lot going on, like this one simple, easy and a seafood dish the whole family enjoyed. Yes even me!
Recipe from Betty Crocker Quick and Easy
- 8 oz uncooked vermicelli
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced ( my grocery store didn’t have any so I used 2 zucchini)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb, shrimp, tails removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
1. Start a large pot of water boiling to cook your pasta, cook to your desired tenderness,.
2. While pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic in oil in large skillet until tender. Add remaining vegetables and salt, cook additional 2-3 minutes until tender. Set aside vegetables.
3. Add shrimp to skillet and cook 1-2 minutes until just pink. Return vegetables to pan and mix with shrimp.
4. While cooking vegetables and shrimp place marinara sauce in small sauce pan and heat.
5. Divide pasta between your serving bowls and toss each with about 2 Tbsp of marinara sauce. Top with Shrimp and Vegetables plus additional marinara sauce.
6. Eat and enjoy!