Why is there a candle on my cupcake you ask? Is it a birthday party? Anniversary? Well I guess you could say a little of both. It’s my Blogaversary! Actually it was last Thursday, however right when I was about to post my camera died, and all the pictures had not been transferred to my computer. Easy problem to solve you say, just recharge and load them up. Well easier said than done, you see, both my husband and I searched high and low for the recharger and it was not to be found. Last night Hubs borrowed a recharger from a friend just so I could do this post. Yup he’s a keeper. I have now blogged for more than a year. A fun little hobby.Keep your eye out for some changes coming to a blog near you. We are in the process of changing to a self hosted site where I can have a lot more control, and thanks to all of you who have read this little project of mine.
Cupcake Recipe found at Allrecipes
Creme Egg idea found at The Cupcake Activist
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 16 Cadbury Creme Eggs-frozen
1. To make cupcake batter blend together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, add both extracts with last egg.
2. Blend in all your dry ingredients, then milk.
3. Divide batter into 16 muffin cups that have been lined with paper liners. Top each cupcake with frozen creme egg. (It will sink into the cupcake during cooking time.
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, cool, then frost as desired.
5. Eat and enjoy!
Yes you heard it, blondies that are filled with Chocolate Covered pretzels, topped with chocolate frosting, and a few more chopped chocolate covered pretzels on top, just for good measure. This was an excellent treat of the week. After a two-week hiatus our Bridge teacher was back and we had a fun night eating treats, and playing Bridge! It was fun. It was yummy.
Recipe found at Gingerbread Bagels. Thank you Lindsey!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate covered pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Grease a 8×8 baking pan and pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat in the dry ingredients , then the egg. Fold in chocolate covered pretzels. Spread into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. To make icing: Beat together all ingredients except milk , add milk 1 Tbsp at a time. Beat until desired consistency, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Frost blondies, top with additional chocolate covered pretzels if desired!