It is time for The Secret Recipe Club
Yes, I know how time flies, and must say this is the quickest I have ever made my chosen selection. I was assigned From Chapelhill to Chickenville this time around, and I think I made my assignment about two days later. After reading through every single recipe I finally decided to give these Caramel Apple Cupcakes a try. They were delicious! Even my husband, a I would rather have chips than a dessert sort of guy, really liked them. I tried to whip that icing up into a frosting but mine still turned into more of a glaze but hey that was one yummy glaze and the caramel portion of this recipe makes your house smell divine. All my kids came in from the park proclaiming the house smelt like Christmas. Make these, enjoy these, I highly recommend!
- 1 boxed cake mix pus eggs milk, oil called for on box-Aimee used white, I used yellow as I already had one
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
1. Make cake according to package directions, stir in diced apples. Bake according to times on box.
2. To make icing melt together the brown sugar and whipping cream. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for an additional minute, add baking soda, boil another minute. Remove from heat. Add butter but don’t mix it in, cool.
3. Beat frosting until desired consistency is reached. spread onto cooled cupcakes.
4. Eat and enjoy!
Check out what eveyone else made at the link below:
I’ve got to say, I love me some brownies. I tend to especially like brownies with add-ins. Like nuts, or a mint layer. Chopped oreos, mixed cherries. I’ll even take them plain, or with icing. I think I may have found a new favorite though. A nice layer of gooey caramel in the middle and chocolate chips because extra chocolate is never a bad thing.
Original recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Mix together cake mix, melted butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Press half into a greased 13×9 inch pan. Cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. While the brownie is in the oven melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in saucepan over low heat until smooth.
3. When brownie comes out of oven pour caramel mixture on top. Top with chocolate chips.
4. Using your hands crumble remaining dough on top of chips. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Cool in refrigerator until caramel has set. Cut into bars.
6.Eat and enjoy!